We are actively looking for dedicated volunteers to help our Board of Directors grow! At this time we hope to fill positions listed below. Board members should be willing to act as ambassadors for the rescue, spreading the word of our mission and helping us reach new goals.
While you will primarily be responsible for fulfilling the duties of one specific role, we are all a team and expect everyone to participate in events, fundraising, and community engagement. Board Members are expected to attend six Board Meetings a year. Term length is one year with up to three consecutive terms allowed. Additional responsibilities are outlined in the bylaws and will be reviewed with applicants prior to accepting the position.
It is preferred that applicants live in the Grand Rapids, MI area so that they are able to attend board meetings, events & fundraisers regularly. Previous experience with being on a committee or board is preferred, bonus points if you have animal welfare experience!
- TREASURER - Primarily responsible for book keeping & balancing, providing monthly reports to the board, overseeing reimbursements and other transactions as needed, helping with tax filings as needed, issuing donation receipts as needed. Prefer an applicant with a background in accounting or previous experience with book keeping.
- DIRECTOR OF FUNDRAISING - Primarily responsible for overseeing and continuing to build a fundraising committee to foster the growth of new fundraising initiatives. This includes seeking out donation opportunities (both monetary & in-kind), organizing & executing events with the help of the committee, and communicating regularly with the rest of the board to relay upcoming fundraising information. Prefer an applicant with experience in fundraising and/or event planning.
- DIRECTOR OF HEALTH AND WELLNESS - Primarily acts as the main contact between the rescue and veterinary office. This means working with foster families and our pre-approved vets to set up appointments for their foster animals, helping fosters understand what vetting is needed for their specific foster animal, being available by phone in case vetting approval is needed, and communicating regularly with the Board on any needs that are beyond the normal pre-adoption treatment. This position will also interface with trainers and behaviorists if the need arises. Prefer an applicant with veterinary background or someone familiar with vetting in the rescue setting.
- SECRETARY - Primarily responsible for scheduling board meetings, gathering meeting agenda topics, sending out the meeting agenda, recording meeting minutes, and sending out the meeting minutes. This position can be done in combination with another position if desired.
Please fill out a Google Form to apply for any of these open board positions: https://forms.gle/8GPmgzAxXh3ouTVW9
We are also actively seeking the following :
- IT VOLUNTEER - Position is overseen by the President and is primarily responsible for the website updates. This includes keeping the "current fosters" and "events" sections up-to-date. May be opportunities to help with social media or other IT type projects if interested. This position requires minimal time commitment, but does require you to stay current on the happenings of the rescue. If interested, please email email@example.com and let us know! We'd love to hear how your skills may be a good fit!
Not seeing a position that suits you? We are always looking to fill a variety of roles and can probably find a great match with your skills! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other board or committee opportunities.